Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Entry d8: A Poster Child

   Well today, I at last got a few of my stand up cartoon characters made. Even though on Monday I was sick I spent that night at my dinning room table table, wrapped in blankets, wearing a scarf and coat painting on these huge sheets of cardboard that took up a majority of my table.  It was great fun and really helped to keep my mind off the mind crushing headache I had all that afternoon.

    I painted a small street urchin looking person with a blue vest over a tan tunic. He carries a parcel bag with scrolls spewing from under the lip. In one of his little stick arms he is holding up one of my fliers as if to say "Read all about it!." I also painted another one last night which is a goblin wearing furs, and a necklace made with the bones of some unknown creature. He also holds one of my fliers in his left hand and in the other a large spear. Both of these cut outs stand about three feet high and are painted in bright colors to make them catch the eyes of an interested passerby all the more.

    The goblin raider (named Grimmick Longtail) is currently raiding the small language arts classroom of Mr. Haskey. I hear that hes already pulled the attention of a couple travelers. While the street urchin (Travis the minstrel Magillacuty) will in just a few hours from when I post this, be peddling his wares in the lobby of the Saint Joseph Downtown Public Library (thanks to Kathy) and hopefully be attracting some visitors for the event. I'll place him there at the beginning of my Undead Poet's Society meeting this afternoon.

   To those that read this blog, I encourage you to spread the news of my project to others in the Saint Joseph community, and if you have any questions feel free to ask them via comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment