Monday, September 13, 2010

Entry d3: A Mission Statement

My service project will consist of sharing the beauty of Dungeons and Dragons by exposing others to the experience of the game. I hope to share that same chance I got my freshmen year with others. I do not have a venue as of yet, nor a true plan, but I want to not only educate people about the game and its history but also allow people to participate in the game itself. So here is a quick mission statement for my project:

"The aim of this project is to encourage creativity, imagination, social skills, and basic math skills in the community via the history of the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game, and by the playing of the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 role playing game system."

All in all this will be accomplished by running an event (to be named later) at a local saint Joseph venue that will be open to the public. This event will include: A short description of the game in general, an adventure ran by me and other local players with experience in running dungeons and dragons sessions, and then a conclusion that will end with a short feedback session. This event will take around five and a half hours, and by the end of it I hope those participating will have learned more of the game. By doing this I hope to spread my passion and love for the game to the community at large.

The first goal of mine to make this project become reality is to secure a venue in which to hold the games, and mini-museum. My first stop is the Saint Joseph down town library where I will be giving my pitch to the woman in charge of the youth events and rooms.

If I able to get this venue here are just a few ideas that I hope to institute into my plan
   -Have a display of books from my and others collection, which will be open for the public to look at
   -Have all that participate go home with a starters guide written by my self.
   -Each table will have a bowl of dice which those playing may use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment